EQUALITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
Vortex Grounds Maintenance & Services Limited believes that our success is a direct result of the experience and quality of our employees. As a result we are committed to focussing our employment procedures and practices on maximising the potential of each member of staff. We believe that by treating people fairly and equally, whilst accepting and embracing their diversity we can improve our competitiveness and enhance our corporate responsibility and employee relations. We are committed to promote equality, eliminate discrimination and encourage diversity among our workforce. Our aim is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status or civil partnership, gender re-assignment, religion, sexual orientation or disability, part or full time work or age.
- To ensure equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- To offer fair treatment in every aspect of work within the company
- To promote a culture where each employee is treated with respect and dignity.
- To demonstrate our opposition to discrimination should anyone within the company feel they have been discriminated against, harassed or victimised.
To achieve this Vortex Grounds Maintenance & Services Limited will commit to the following:
- Ensure that the principles of this policy are embedded in our HR strategy and are regularly reviewed
- Provide awareness training to all employees to ensure the company policy is known and understood. This will be achieved mainly through our induction course and Employee Handbook
- Monitor and measure diversity. All new employees will complete a diversity monitoring questionnaire.
- Challenge and investigate discriminatory behaviour.
This policy applies to all Vortex Grounds Maintenance & Services Limited employees, regardless of position or status and to all sub contractors employed by the company.
Signed: David J. Morter
Position: Managing Director